The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news, recap events from the past week, showcase books and things we’ve received and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead on our blog.
Yay, it’s finally chilly here! I had to break out my socks, so you know it’s getting cold. I heard geese the other day and tonight, we’re expecting temperatures below freezing which means at least a partial kill-off of some bugs. Celebration time! I don’t know if we’re going to have our leaves turn pretty colors though. A lot of them fell off when we had such a horrible drought this summer already.
You always get weather reports with me, don’t you?
I had a nicely busy week on the blog, doing a couple of reviews that were “fun” reads:
- Sunday I brought you a thrilling prologue from Courtney Cole’s new book, Of Blood and Bone. I’m going to be reviewing in in a few weeks and I can’t wait to dig in.
- Monday was Lumberjack In Love day. Penny Watson’s hilarious book ended up taking a good part of my day as I ended up answering tweets and chatting on Goodreads about it. This is such a good little book, so funny and sexy. And I happen to love Penny to pieces, so that helps but the book still rocks – check out the other reviews too!
- Tuesday things were more serious with my review of Careful by Isobella Jade, a book warning about the dangers of texting and driving. Scary stuff and needless to say, I hope nobody does it!!!
- Wednesday I picked the final book in the Shadow Falls by C.C. Hunter series for my WoW pick. I can’t believe it’s finally ending (especially since I thought it was over with the book I’m reading next week – d’oh!). I also reviewed the last novella in the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and ended up with mixed feelings. I’m ready to move on to Ethan’s series and leave Meghan and Ash behind.
- Thursday reeeaaally late, I reviewed Incarnation by Emma Cornwall. This is so good! Light on the steampunk but heavy on the thriller and atmosphere, I recommend this one if you like alternate Dracula retellings. This is definitely alternate.
- Friday I think I ate Cheetos. No, I worked on some things for my upcoming month of giveaways in November!
Coming up this week:
- Reviews for Uncontrollable by S.R. Johannes, Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel and Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter. I have a suspenseful WoW that I whine about not being able to get the ARC for and a release day post and if I find a fire lit under me, I may work a little something extra in there. My birthday’s next week and I feel a giveaway coming on.
On to the haul!
Received for review:
Dark Shadows: Angélique’s Descent (Dark Shadows #1) by Lara Parker
Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch (Dark Shadows #2) by Lara Parker
Ephemeral by Addison Moore
Gifted to me:
All He Ever Needed by Shannon Stacey
Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
Hanging by a Thread by Sophie Littlefield
Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
Lots of Kindle Freebies this week:
Impact: Wild Men of Alaska by Tiffinie Helmer
The Billionaire’s Secrets by Meadow Taylor (was meh)
Match Me by Liz Appel
Agents Under Fire (Guardian Agent, Avenging Agent, Warrior Agent) by Dana Marton
Second Chance by Katie Kacvinsky (sequel to First Comes Love)
Don’t Let Me Go by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Today, Crazy Love by Nicola Marsh is supposed to be a Kindle freebie according to an invitation I received from her on Goodreads.
I hope you had a great week too – leave your link and I’ll come visit!