The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news, recap events from the past week, showcase books and things we’ve received and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead on our blog.
Either I’m getting senile (always a possibility) or this weather is messing with me. Last week it was absolutely gorgeous, just the kind of weather I love. We were in the mid-60s and sunny during the day, 40s at night and one night we dropped to around freezing, hopefully killing off some bugs. Today we’re back in the mid to upper 70s. WHAT? And who put in the order for more pollen and ragweed? It’s awful enough that sometimes I can’t remember what day it is, now I have to try and remember what season it is when I’m sneezing and have to close the house up and turn the air on?
Whine, whine, whine. Nope, no cheese with that.
It was a typical (meaning wild and wooly) week on the blog:
- Monday, Uncontrollable by Shelli Johannes was released so I had a little blast announcement with a link to a big ol’ extravaganza being held at Mundie Mom.
- Tuesday I brought you a review of the disappointing Dearly, Beloved, the second in Lia Habel’s Gone with the Respiration series. Crossing my fingers the third book will make me fall in love with the series again.
- My pick for Waiting on Wednesday was Shadowlands by Kate Brian and later in the day, I posted a review for the military romance, Until There Was You by Jessica Scott.
- Thursday I had my review of Uncontrollable by S.R. Johannes which I recommend (this was part 2, read part 1 first! Then later in the day I decided, what the heck, let’s do a giveaway. So, my birthday giveaway was spawned. It ends tonight at midnight.
- I decided in lieu of calling it a review day (being lazy), I would say the last day of the regular week was Format Friday since I have a large number of posts to pull together and format for this week. Truthfully, I was bloated with cake and feeling like a bum. But that’s between us, right?
This week on the blog:
- I’ll be reviewing Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter, Cold Light by Jenn Ashworth, The Suburban Strange by Nathan Kotecki and Fried Zombie Dee-Light by Susan Abel Sullivan.
- Tuesday, Cait will be reviewing On Dublin Street and have a little interview with the author, Samantha Young. Love her!
- Did you hear the Fraterfest Read-A-Long starts this week? I’m still making my list of books to read over the weekend up but one thing’s for sure. On Saturday the 6th, I’m hosting the Cover Sleuth Challenge with a giveaway that will end on Monday the 8th. I’m not sure it’s hard enough….
I’m skipping my personal haul this week because I’m pretending it never happened. You’re with me, yes?
Books I received for review:
Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy, courtesy of the author
‘Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries, courtesy of Gallery
Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland, courtesy of Simon and Schuster
Fury of Seduction by Coreene Callahan and
Knight Awakened by Coreene Callahan, both from Montlake Romance
Immortal Surrender by Claire Ashgrove, courtesy of Tor
I hope everyone had a great week! Leave me a link (or I’ll just figure it out) and I’ll stop by and see what you’ve been up to.