The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news, recap events from the past week, showcase books and things we’ve received and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead on our blog.
Well, hello! I’ve decided to make all of my resolutions in November instead of waiting until January (not procrastinating is one of my resolutions, see what I did there?) and one of them is to be more consistent with some of the things here, this weekly post being one of them. So, here’s to week one of my old year/new year’s resolution!
What went on last week:
I know something big happened last week…what was it, what was it…. Oh yeah, the blog turned TWO! It got a spiffy blue makeover and I kicked off my month of giveaways with one for the winner’s choice of any two books in a series. It ends on Wednesday when the next giveaway (with goodies supplied by one of my favorite authors!) starts up, so check it out if you haven’t yet.
After a long time using freebie media buttons that I found through web searches, I decided to splurge a teeny bit and found Print Smitten on Etsy to make up some specifically to match things this time around. Tara let me pick which buttons I wanted and to specify which color code I wanted to use – she’s really a sweetheart! I’m just starting to get the hang of making graphics but buttons are kind of beyond me. Her stuff is so cute and she does so many different things, I had to give her a shout out.
Last week also saw (dun dun dun) the regular return of Cait! She’s been on a general hiatus while she packed up all her bags and moved to Beverly. Hills, that is. Okay, more like Texas which is actually more fun. Expect more “y’alls” and the minute I find out she bought a ten gallon hat and snakeskin boots, I am totally telling you. I’m happy, happy to have her back. If she leaves again, we’ll hunt her down, deal?
In more regular-type stuff:
- Our email subscription service is driving me batty and I’m still working out the bugs. For no reason I can tell, some of it’s running a day or more late, the new service (if you’ve confirmed) is on time. I need chocolate.
- Cait reviewed Tempting the Player, the latest book from J. Lynn, alter ego of Jennifer Armentrout (B+)
- I reviewed Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas (A) which was a very pleasant surprise and came up with an…interesting playlist. My taste is questionable and old, we can leave it there.
- Cait was like a bee in a jar waiting for Darynda Jones’ Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (A) and she finally got to read and review it!
- I had a great guest post from Sharon Lynn Fisher and was completely blown away by her sci-fi romance Ghost Planet (A).
Next week (penciled in, you know):
- Cait’s got an opinion or two to share about Deity by Jennifer Armentrout andRockoholic by C.J. Skuse
- The first giveaway of the blogoversary celebration ends on Wednesday and the next one begins – prepare for a hot cowboy and some fun swag
- Friday I’ll be reviewing Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs and there will be a dream cast that won’t involve actors from the 80s like my playlist last week. I swear. *snicker*
The books – I’m sort of guessing what came in during the last week-ish. I not only try not to keep track of what I buy but I was so excited about receiving Breath, I didn’t log it in. So, this is a “probably” list.
What I got for review:
Breath (Riders of the Apocalypse #4) by Jackie Morse Kessler
One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels #2) by Sarah MacLean
Dualed (Dualed #1) by Elsie Chapman
Gifted to me:
I hope everyone else had a lovely week – I’d love to stop by and see your posts too, leave a link to your posts or I’ll come find you (puts on stalker gear).