The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news, recap events from the past week, showcase books and things we’ve received and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead on our blog.
Guess what? No weather update! Not because there isn’t any to report, just because I’m trying to be unusual this week.
It was wilder than usual this week and I personally think I deserve a vacation, an idea not shared by anyone else around me. Sheesh, you’d think they’d welcome the chance to potentially cash in on my life insurance policy if a shark ate me vs. me staying and cooking and risking their lives.
What got done this week:
- Monday I had a lovely cover reveal for Aubrie Dionne’s new YA sci-fi series, Colonization: Paradise 21
- Tuesday brought the end of the month and my July #RAK wrap-up. I had an especially fun month, being able to send some birthday gifts to some of my friends who participate in the program as well as “meeting” a couple of new ones.
- Wednesday was a little busy – I had a nice ghoulish book from A.C. Rought for my Waiting on Wednesday pick (too bad it doesn’t come out before Halloween), a review of the newest book in one of my favorite New Adult series’, While it Lasts by Abbi Glines and the August starting point for my participation in the book club Nat hosts at Reading Romance.
- Thursday I posted my review of Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear, a fantasy steampunk YA that could have lost the steampunk and been really good. Here’s hoping the next book in the series will iron that out. Ha, see what I did there? Er…
- It’s been a while, but I had some good stuff for Indie Friday. First, a review for I Loved You First, a New Adult contemporary dealing with LGBT and bullying issues, among other things. The author, Reena Jacobs is awesome – this is her first foray into anything other than adult fiction and I hope she comes back and does it again. She ran a tour because her book got a gorgeous new cover and during the tour, had all sorts of giveaways. Fun abounded!
- Saturday was the start of the Summer Read-a-Thon hosted by Some Like it Paranormal and In Between in which I list all of the books I plan on reading and hoping not to fail spectacularly. I also posted my monthly You Ought to Know, a list of the absolute best indies and self-pubbed books I’ve read in July.
Reading material that appeared without my knowledge and I’ll swear it on a package of steak (gag):
The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa courtesy of NetGalley and Harlequin Teen
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence courtesy of NetGalley and Random House
Lore of Fei by Kathleen S. Allen courtesy of Muse it Up Publishing for a tour
Evolution by Kelly Carrero – Kindle Freebie
Frost by Kate Avery Ellison from Jenn at Waiting on Sunday to Drown for #RAK
Come See About Me by C.K. Kelly Martin – Purchased
While It Lasts by Abbi Glines – Purchased
Team Human by Justine Larbalestier – Purchased
Dead Is a Killer Tune by Marlene Perez courtesy of Amazon Vine and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Coming up this week:
I’ll have reviews of The Life and Death of Lily Drake by T. Michelle Nelson, Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel and on Thursday, I’ll be a stop on Bewitching’s tour for Lore of Fei complete with review. My Waiting on Wednesday has a cover girl that will eat your face off, just to warn you. No seriously. Make sure you don’t go near any water towers.
Of course I’m continuing my read-a-thon. If nothing else, it’s a good excuse to drink copious amounts of caffeine, right?
Leave me a link and I’ll come and see what you’ve been up to this week!