The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news, recap events from the past week, showcase books and things we’ve received and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead on our blog.
It’s my first Sunday post of the new year! I don’t want to go and jinx myself now, but we’re 20 days in and I’m still doing well on my resolution to be more organized. For me, this is amazing, especially because I’ve gone about it in a different way than I ever have before. I’m finally ahead on some scheduled reviews and working on clearing up some backlog – I can’t even tell you how good it feels to get up in the morning and know that even if I feel rotten and don’t get anything done, I have posts set to post for the next four or five days or more. So..go me!
I didn’t always enjoy the books I reviewed this week, but I must be in a good mood because I’m pretty happy about it because they were all books I’d looked forward to and was just glad to have gotten my hands on and tried.
- Monday, I reviewed Lisa Schroeder’s Falling for You and loved it. I want her to write more like this one. Maybe not, I won’t be able to afford it.
- Tuesday brought a cover reveal and giveaway of Laura Howard’s upcoming New Adult book, The Forgotten Ones, then my review of Brenna Yovanoff’s Paper Valentine, which I liked – it was very lazy summer retro-serial killer.
- Wednesday was the big disappointment of the week, with my review of Gena Showalter’s Last Kiss Goodnight. It wasn’t up to her usual standards and just drab.
- It was double the Rhiannon Paille covers on Thursday!
- Friday was the start of the Dreaming of Books Giveaway Hop and hopefully I came up with at least one interesting thing to give away. I do try to be different.
- Saturday I decided to test out a little novella review feature. The three I picked for its debut were a little all over the place, with one making me want to break out my HULKSMASH suit, one had me in love and with the other, I was a little confused. Story of my life, right?
Next week for review, I have an adorable Harlequin Kiss book called Hitched!, Forever My Girl and The Breakaway on the review schedule so far (I had to DNF Dr. Frankenstein’s Daughters, which I had planned too).
On to the haul!
I received for review:
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry
Stung by Bethany Wiggins
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
None of the Regular Rules by Erin Downing from the author
Impulse (Jumper #3) by Steven Gould from Tor
From some super nice peeps:
I won a personalized autographed copy of Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep from a giveaway from Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings. Jennifer even threw in personalized autographed bookmarks from each of the other books in the series! I definitely squee’ed and scared my cat.
Emma D. in New Zealand, who is one of the nicest people in the #RAK program, sent me Silken Rapture by Beth Kery.
So I had a pretty awesome week overall. I kicked my flu bug, was nice and organized and am on my way to finally clearing up some of my backlog (*crossing fingers*).
How was your week? Leave me a link and I’ll come visit!